Hi bakd247, thanks for the reply. My idea differs greatly from what you guys have been doing to promote Litecoin so far. I come from a sales & marketing background and I have a team of sales guys who do lots of telesales and it remains one of the most effective and efficient ways to engage the public. My idea involves utilising my team to canvas people who have expressed an interest in crypto, talk to them and if they are interested then talk them through the process. The majority of the public are now waking up to crypto but the interest is mainly still in Bitcoin. They don't really understand crypto but the understand that they should probably own some and thats about as far as their interest goes.
A rough outline of my idea is as follows:
1) For Litecoin to generate a limited amount of coins to be used in this experiment - eg 500K.
2) My website generates interested leads
3) My team sell a limited amount of Litecoin to each of these interested people, so that we spread it to many not few. How we do this is open to discussion also, but I have further ideas on this, perhaps involving one of the major exchanges.
4) For every Litecoin sold, my operation is paid in Litecoin on a 1:1 basis or 1:2. Remember I am covering my costs at my end.
5) Over the course of a few months, the number of individuals holding Litecoin increases dramatically in Uk & Ireland. If this trial proves effective, we can roll it out initially to other English speaking countries and then to other countries.
You must be aware that in the not too distant future many good Crypto coins will fade away due to the fact that they just won't be adopted by enough people. But the winners will be those that managed to become adopted by more people, regardless of whether or not they are the best. Think VHS versus Betamax.
I would love to hear your thoughts on my idea no matter if its negative or positive.