Data loss аfter updating "Litecoin Core" to new version 0.14.2

Good Day!

After updating to version 0.14.2 all coins are lost.

Must be 103.60871862 LTC in wallet
Really in my wallet is only 0.8 LTC
Value Transacted 100.8 LTC.
P.S.The transaction from 19.08.2017 is removed.

Blockcypher LTC Address LVsfqRfKnryUa31Gs7PpQGVfK17C4rcyRg | BlockCypher

Please help!

open the old version of core and see if they are still there first…you need to get the private key for the transaction which is contained in your wallet.dat file but only viewable in the older version because of a rule set by your computer…if the coins are still showing up in the old version then you can dump your private key and sweep it into the new wallet

Thanks!
I installed the previous version (0.10.2.2). Now is downloading blocks (very slow) and I don`t see main windows.
After downloading,I remove file wallet.dat and write results on this forum.

P.S.

1. How to get the private key for the transaction?
  2. Before version 0.10.2.2 I used version 0.8.6.1.
  3. http://ltc.blockr.io/address/info/LVsfqRfKnryUa31Gs7PpQGVfK17C4rcyRg

Мy best wishes to you!

previous versions start to download blocks but quit right after segwit activation date…you need to dump your private keys form your old wallet and import them into a new version

If your wallet is protected by a passphrase (i.e you have to enter a passphrase before you can send) unlock it by typing
walletpassphrase “your walletpassphrase here” 600
dumpprivkey [your Litecoin address here]

the 600 is for unlocking the wallet for 600 seconds…you can type any number of seconds…I usually do 1000 to give me enough time to type

then open console in the new wallet version after the blockchain is finished syncing completely and type importprivkey (followed by priv key)

Thank you!!!

This problem is solved!!!
Мy best wishes to you!!!:slight_smile:

1 Like