Exchange LTC to BTC - New to this

Hi just started mining LTC yesterday and I am having a hard time converting it to BTC. I need your help guys. Thanks in advance.

I saw Shapeshift but I also saw some not so good reviews, can you give me some more options.

go to an exchange like gdax.com or bittrex.com…send your coins there…make the exchange…then withdraw…

I’ve used www.shapeshift.io a lot. No problems with them. I have screwed up and sent stuff over the
amount they would allow on a transaction…got a hold of a person in email…and refunded (and mildly scolded) on such.

Does have a lot of coins not supported, (like LISK which I find weird) but it works fast w/o issue.

It is what I use. I have not used it for about 1 year though…been concentrating all my mining to hoarding LTC.

(which is an interesting feeling watching BTC skyrocket and LTC go sideways!)

Can only hope our turn will come :slight_smile:

Likewise, shapeshift good. When I was converting bitcoin trash to bitcoin I used a shapeshift address and sent coins for over a week. When it stopped working I slightly panicked (it was a few K USD worth), emailed them, and got a response the next day that they were working on it. They found the problem, refunded the money, and were exceptionally polite about it.

Professionals. Recommended.

Thanks so much!

Hello, I want to start trading. What do you think about Coindeal.com? It look very easy to use but maybe you will advise me some?

never heard of it myself but just do your research first…make sure that who ever you buy from has a money exchangers license in the area you reside…such as Shapeshift or coinbase (gdax is the coinbase live exchange)…they have a banking license in every US State so they are legally aloud to sell to US citizens who provide ID according to know your customers laws…you can also use a Bitcoin ATM with no id for under $1000 USD transactions. Bittrex is also a good exchange that has meets all licensing requirements for all coins traded on their servers…
Unregulated exchanges are the ones that you’ll be happy with and one day will not be there…

Thank you for your advice. For me, security is the most important. I read the Coindeal policies and for me they look trustworthy, they follow all of the AML requirements. What do you think?

When it comes to dealing with exchanges…trust is everything…I don’t recommend ever storing coins on an exchange unless you plan to trade them…long term storage or personal use…store them in a wallet that you have the private key for…
I would buy a little and make sure they do everything like not rip you off and such first…
NEVER EVER send anyone a private key if they ask for it! or for any other reason…
I recommend researching how the blockchain works and what public key cryptography is…as long as you have your private key to the wallet address that the coins are in…you control your coins…otherwise you are relying on trust…

There are many ways available to Exhange your LTC to BTC but I would like to suggest you use Changelly that is Simple and easy to use Platform to Exchange LTC to BTC.

Yes, you are right. Coindeal has this pair and I am taking a profit of that

Hi, I also use a exchange platform Coindeal.com and for me is very good. There are very high standard of security and for me is very important.

for ltc btc I used www.shapeshift.io also https://changelly.com/ for more obscure crypto…

I checked CoinDeal and due to my research it provides the highest standards of security for sure :slight_smile: but what alse I found out? its quite new exchange and due to this fact it has comperatively cheap prices. CoinDeal promises fast process of verification, quick support available 24/7. ​​​​​​​After first two weeks of running, the market noted over 1 million euro in payments. Isn`t it an impressive number for such a short period?

Don’t forget that majority of all ICO scams all raised millions in just a few days only to disappear with all the users funds…

The first ICO’s were legit a couple years ago ETH ( i remember looking at the page 999 ETH for 1 BTC that was probably only $450 USD at the time…passed) FML

Anyway, did get in the LISK ICO (6,500 LISK for 1 BTC worth $450 at the time) a buddy put in 30 BTC at the

time …he is in no way complaining now :slight_smile:

anyway, have not really seen any ICO’s since I would even trust $450 on …confused by masternodes…

looks like big time miner stuff (pow-scrypt) is done for me…I can’t trade…I’d freak …that would drive

me nuts…thus a hobby miner in the basement…maybe toss $$$ into LISK…and take up what I should have

done 5 years ago in 2013 when I started in BTC… ‘attic mining’ from pawn shop buddy, and defunct computer

stores I have probably 5k in my attic …none of it is worth more than $25 and most of it is worth not less…thus if

I could ever get over the sheer boredom of putting it all on eBay…and take the $5k and apply it to LTC…or BTC

or whatever…that is the only mining I’d recommend now …attic mining… :slight_smile: That is what I tell newbies to do

now…in my case…empty attic toss down carpet…rec room and house goes up 10k in value…there is no

downside to this…but Ack! eBay cubicle type work sucks to get it all up …thus I stall…but only angle

I know for newbies to get into crypto with little risk…sell the crap you have and convert to crypto is only

sure bet I know…again ‘attic mining’ :slight_smile:

funny you say that because that is how I got my first bitcoins was by selling my pokemon collection on ebay…lol