Forgot password, have general idea

Hi
This is the problem; I do not recall being given a passphrase, and the amount of LTC is significant so I would have followed protocol.
Are you on a position to assist at a distance? Can we communicate privately to agree on terms?
Best
Rupert

Furthermore, I do recall setting a password (which I recall$ for opening my wallet, nothing more.
R

open the wallet and click options and if it lets you set a passphrase then the wallet is not encrypted and you can send your coins by just clicking send without a passphraseā€¦

if the only option under ā€œoptionsā€ it gives you is to change the password then the wallet is encrypted and youll need to get the password to spend the coins

Thanks for the response. As Iā€™m not in possession of this passphrase is there anything that can be fine either the dat. file which I would be prepared to forward to you?

just copy paste it in an emailā€¦click my user name and send me a messageā€¦then I can send you my email address and I can extract the hash for you in just a few minutes and send it backā€¦I can run it on my laptop here if you have a general idea then I should be able to find it using dictionary method

if using windows go to c:(currentuser)/Appdata/Roaming/Litecoin and then copy the wallet.dat file in that folder

Hey, I got the same problem. My Password isnā€™t right (While I am almost sure i saved the right one i a document). Can you help me out by cracking my password.?