KNC Swedish ASIC Miners (SHA-256 & SCRYPT) Info/Fixes/Hacks

Just what the title says…for discussion of the now bankrupt KNCminer firm. This includes all their products.
KNC Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune/Titan (Titan was Scrypt Miner). A place to come to ask for help/fixes/
hacks/products/ideas or to just bitch about these temperamental ‘evil’ asic miners. :slight_smile: (note: The reason I
include ALL KNC products is that some of the 4/6 port boards can be used on the Titan scrypt miners as
well as cases for server psu’s cables etc) Enjoy.

Here is the KnC information for titan:
http://www.kncminer.com/support/titan-setup-and-firmware

Copy of the web page:
http://archive.is/BPgrv

So Litecoin mining can still be profitable on a relatively small scale (less than $5kUSD investment)?

Would you say that today’s Litecoin price of about $4USD is what the Chinese miners can afford to dump their product at? I know they are getting free electricity.

Well if you got a scrypt miner back in the day… Or the most recent dump like us of knc liguidation (dumb luck we even found out about it…super secret sale so knc could get all the scrypt miners (215 total they got like 175 or so) in somewhat rigged process of open bid…ie they could see last bid and crushed us whale wise)

anyway we got 24 400mh titans at 1900 usd each with shipping 2 months ago (my share 6) so with my hoard
at 3200mh I make about 2200 bucks after electric/expenses per month

catch is NO scrypt miners you can buy to do this or too high priced on ebay etc …thus …grandfathered in
from past knc titans etc you are ok…as to future who knows

as to previous post of 5k of miners…if you could find them (A4 dominator at same elec as titan 325mh more or less) in maybe (imho oct) you’d roi in 1 year at these prices

indeed a 300mh titan 4 cube at 1900 bucks (cheap compared to ebay) also the same with elec use about 12 months

so you have to be lucky and find used equip cheap (unicorns) or wait an take a chance on A4 dominator coming out supposedly…and hope for a btc price pump with corresponding ltc pump

anyway in my case this year 7 new titans was all due to dumb luck …thats about the only angle now for scrypt miners…be dumb an lucky

Two of my Titan miners have melted power cable connections. I can get new cables but that is only half the problem. Anyone else have this issue or know how I can go about fixing this?

You can check with Vegas guy if he can repair connectors for you (along other things). To prevent overcurrent and overheating you might try out GenTarkin custom firmware. I’m running it for quite some time now and it does the job well (definitely much better than stock KNC).

I got a Titan. It make me rich.

shows the trick to use a knc y adapter and a bare plug

make sure you HAVE THE BLACK WIRES ON TOP YELLOW WIRES ON BOTTOM
OR THE TAB ON TOP ON THE KNC Y ADAPTER

NO MORE PLUG EASY TO MIX UP

sent you a PM on some server psu solutions so this don’t happen again 15 awg wire on them
and NO more y adapters… long term over 1 year no more problems fix

pm sent

1 Like

Forgot the important safety info below on how to put plug in …put it on forms also
but just in case you have NO more plug thus you don’t want to put them in upside
down

quoted from forum

shows the trick to use a knc y adapter and a bare plug

make sure you HAVE THE BLACK WIRES ON TOP YELLOW WIRES ON BOTTOM
OR THE TAB ON TOP ON THE KNC Y ADAPTER

NO MORE PLUG EASY TO MIX UP

sent you a PM on some server psu solutions so this don’t happen again 15 awg wire on them
and NO more y adapters… long term over 1 year no more problems fix

pm sent

anyway hope the above helps the plug thing is a common fix again only solution is to up and get the dual
server psus at 2560 watts and 5 15awg leads per 350 or so buck server psu unit…no more issues with this
anymore …slick

later
hope you had a good xmas and this heps

Hi alexander. Take a close look at the pins as well. If they are in a bad shape, you will continue to burn cables. The pins/connectors are replaceable but requiers skill… I am replacing bad connectors with new au-plated ones…

yeah use a dermal tool and really polish them up…eventually pitting will be a problem. BUT then again I have
2 with the just the pins and Y Adapter Fix…they seem to run cooler (more contact it slides on farther?) go figure

anyway has worked well for me

brad

A good fix someone with a big soldering iron can try is to remove the 6pin plug altogether
an solder big fat wires directly to the relative pads (mind the polarity!)

This will ensure no more fried connectors and voltage drop from poor contact…

I have done it on 3 of my cubes so far

Only caution there is make sure to never reverse polarity even for a second. People who pull off the plastic connectors and clean up the pins are skating on thin ice; if you plug in the cube so the top three pins (ground) are connected to the bottom 3 of the plug (hot) it will destroy every cube on the controller.

Use care.