Litecoin compilation guide

I’d like to ask a pressing question about Litecoin compilation? The information contained in the Litecoin Wiki is obsolete. I’d like to compile Litecoin by myself, but I don’t have enough a skill. Thankful in advance for the answers and any help.

Could you be a bit more specific, by indicating which OS you are planning to use ? Linux is the easiest environment, followed by OS X, and finally Windows is the worse of them all. If you are stuck with Windows, due to your limited technical skills, I wouldn’t even try it. Worse case, you could install a Linux VM on your PC and compile Litecoin-qt on it.

If you are on Linux Ubuntu 16.04, follow those steps (cut and paste one line at a time in a new Terminal window):

**** ensure that the system is up to date ****
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo reboot

**** download the source code ****
mkdir Github && cd Github
sudo apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin
cd litecoin

**** Install the dependencies ****
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev
sudo apt-get install bsdmainutils libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-chrono-dev
sudo apt-get install libboost-program-options-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev
sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev
sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev protobuf-compiler miniupnpc

**** To install the deprecated version of Berkeley DB 4.8 ****
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8+±dev

**** Compile ****
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

**** Optional *****
sudo make install

**** Execute ****
cd ~/Github/litecoin/src/qt
./litecoin-qt

The above steps will give you the branch with the latest accepted pull requests: 0.13.99 - if you want 0.13.3, after cloning the GitHub repo, do “git checkout 0.13” then compile.

Similarly, if you want the 0.14-dev branch, do “git checkout 0.14-dev”, then compile

If you want to save some compiling time, and don’t want the testnet binaries, do “./configure --disable-tests --disable-bench”, then “make”

Thank you, guys! But I want to compile Windows wallet 0.14-dev on Ubuntu 17.04 Is it possibe? If yes which steps I need to do? Thanks in advance again.

i made the compilation without any trouble, but i made some changes and it is giving me an error un ubuntu,
but i cant find the debug.log file, so i cannot fix it, the file is supposed to be created in home/user/.litecoind, it does nt create the .litecoin folder, working on ubuntu 16.04, any help

The .litecoin directory is hidden by default. You have to go the files browser and select the View menu, and then Show Hidden Files, when on Home directory.

thanks for the reply, but before posting i checked the directory and search for the hidden files, but the folder was not created, and i looked everywhere, not just where it was supposed to be