Question about Consensus Rules Enforcement

I’m relatively new to Litecoin. I’ve been studying and investing in cryptocurrencies for the past two and a half months. But I also believe strongly that no one should invest in anything they don’t understand. I’m almost to the point where I’m completely satisfied with my knowledge on the subject, but I’m at the point now where I need to talk with an expert who is familiar with the code and can point out the parts of the code that do what I’m asking about. I’m a full stack software engineer specializing in web applications and internet technologies. So I’m not intimidated by the nitty gritty details.

What I want to know is, where would I look in the code to find out what the consensus rules are and how they are enforced?

For example, once a block is found by a single node with a proof of work nonce, it is broadcast to the network for other mines to add it to the block chain. But do all the other mines have the authority to reject the block for any reason? Let’s say the miner that found the block includes a forged transaction. Do the other mines evaluate the block with proven difficulty before accepting it, or is it just included because its hash has the target number of preceding zeroes?

I’m sure I’ll have other questions like this too. So pointing me in the right direction would be nice, or pointing me to a person who would be willing to answer these questions whenever they come up would be nice too. But in any case, I need to see the code that does what I’m talking about so it can be clarified.

You may want to read up on Bitcoin Developer Guide on https://bitcoin.org

This document however not official contains a lot of good info about Proof Of Work, Blocks and Transactions and USAF events.

To answer your question yourself about consensus rules in code, maybe you can install Litecoin Core from source and go over the code.