Reward ! anyone can for the job?

Here’s the deal. I screwed up and sent the wrong address from Jaxx to Poloniex. Now to recover my etc, I have to make a etc wallet and somehow transfer my private keys or somethin like that. Anyone interested in helping me recover my etc we can make a deal. Ill pay a fee in Litecoin. Please I need a hacker lololololol!!! since I dont have anything in my jaxx account. I not worry about it being compromised. Im a begginer and dont know much about it Im computer illterate!! Help Hawkins you know? I do have yahoo messenger Email me alkinoshita@hotmail.com

I’ll try to help, no reward necessary. As you can tell from my post history I enjoy this sort of thing.

Can you explain to me exactly what happened again - you transferred ETC from your Jaxx wallet to Poloniex? Can you log into Poloniex and see your ETC? If I can get an idea of which address was “wrong” in the send transaction that might give me some ideas.

1. #103033 sent to wrong address

albert kinoshita, reported 2 days ago
I withdrew from poloniex 100 etc to send to my jaxx wallet. I sent it to my rep wallet by mistake 0x694a9DB8C9b7E9267B8b2982Df51960e44c3776B, it was suppose to go to my etc wallet address 0x5891DdB8DF4DAF71D518A75dB031cD1FF6621b99., please help

1. Dear albert kinoshita,

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created with Ticket ID - 103258.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response. (Usually within 24 hours).
To view the status of the ticket or add comments, please visit
https://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/103258
Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Poloniex Support Team

Jaxx Suppo
Jaxx Support (Decentral)
Mar 16, 17:13 EDT

Hi Albert,

Sorry to hear that. Did you mean REP? We have this article which might be helpful:
I accidentally sent ETC to my ETH wallet in Jaxx!
Annie
Decentral Customer Success Team
Supporting Jaxx, Rushwallet,com, Ethereumwallet.com, & Kryptokit

1. Poloniex support@poloniex.freshdesk.com

Reply|
Yesterday, 2:52 AM
You
Dear albert kinoshita,

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created with Ticket ID - 103258.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response. (Usually within 24 hours).

To view the status of the ticket or add comments, please visit
https://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/103258 ---------THIS SHOW I SENT WRONG URL—SO IT DIDNT GO THRU TO MY JAXX ACCOUNT!

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Poloniex Support Team

THIS IS TRANSACTION HISTORY AT POLONIEX

Complete ETC 100.00000000
2017-03-16 02:44:20
Address: 0x694a9DB8C9b7E9267B8b2982Df51960e44c3776B
Txid: 0x3d39d455d6e58fd4c8ca6d487bdb23624f9f959db0ca6bfd696fe4d3b847d85f

I DO HAVE THE PRIVATE KEY TO JAXX ACCOUNT BUT NO PARAPHASE, DONT KNOW IF I MADE ONE! BRAINLESS!

IM LOOKING FOR THE REP ADDRESS TO CONFIRM FROM MY JAXX ACCOUNT

Ok yep I see the ETC at that address, in the blockchain:
http://gastracker.io/addr/0x694a9DB8C9b7E9267B8b2982Df51960e44c3776B

So yeah I don’t think Poloniex will be able to do anything since they technically sent the coins, and the transaction is definitely confirmed.

But you do have the private keys to this address yes? And you want to load these private keys into a wallet, and you are having difficulty in trying to get that part done?

EXACTLY
They say I can recover it thru my private key and make a new wallet, something like that. If you can do it, Ill send you my private keys. alkinoshita@hotmail.com And yes , I dont mind donating to you, Its worth the lesson. either Litecoin or if you get this solved, Ill send etc lmao! Also Ill send you my Jaxx wallet to do the process. Um crazy eh? lol Well, I figure i got nothin to lose and with a user name like cxop–I cant go wrong lol thanks

Yes exactly, the internet is completely safe right. lol

I think the only thing I’ll need is just the private keys to this address
0x694a9DB8C9b7E9267B8b2982Df51960e44c3776B
I’ll send you an email.

If I can recover your coins I can send them to any address you’d like, I will explain how I did it but seriously cryptos give me something to do and look forward to, so no donations other than thank you for the entertaining posts and giving me something fun to read :smile:

After This is done, I got something else thats entertaining lmao!

That sounds good! I sent a private message on this forum, and an email.

I sent a few more emails, I think this link can entirely solve the problem:

https://classicetherwallet.com/#send-transaction

All that is needed is the correct private key for this address:
0x694a9DB8C9b7E9267B8b2982Df51960e44c3776B

I’ll be back soon to see if it worked!

I’ve got the coins sent back to your ETC wallet:

Let me now how I did? :grin:

2 Likes

OMG! OMG! TY TY TY TY! i CAN’T BELIEVE MY EYES! YOU ACTUALLY DID IT! OH LORD , I REALLY AM OVERWELMED, AND I APPRECIATE IT SO SO MUCH. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR LITECOIN OR ETC ADDRESS, I WANT TO SHOW MY APPRECIATION TO YOU MY FRIEND!! TREAT YOUR OTHER HALF TO SOME MORE SPICY FOODS! LMAO!

HEY BUDDY, HUMANS LIKE YOU GIVE ME A LOT OF HOPE FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR WORLD! AGAIN, THANK YOU! YES, LARGE CAPS IS WARRANTED! LOL AL

1 Like

You’re very welcome.

If you have a few extra LTC to share, could you contact xinxi on the forum? I would like to donate any proceeds to the forum, to help keep it around so that we can chat and see what happens next in this crazy world of invisible coins.

1 Like

lmao now that’s funny. I sure will contact the boss man and donate on your behalf!! Thanks Al

Hi cxop,

read this post and thought maybe you can help me out. Or direct me to someone who can. I opened an Electrum Bitcoin, Dash and Lite coin wallet a month ago. Bitcoin and Dash worked fine. Somehow I don’t know what my password is on Litecoin. I photographed my seed and my password and wrote them down, my password doesn’t work, I have no idea why. Because of that I tried uninstalling the wallet and reinstalling it and it still shows my coins and everything are there. When I try to use the seed to create a new wallet it wont even give me the option to click the next button to do it. Electrum says it should be a 12 word seed. The one I got is a 13 word seed and I know it’s the right one. I can’t remember for sure but I think it was when I typed 26 words that it gave me the option to click the next button but obviously that didn’t get me my coins back. If you could help me out or send me to someone who can I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,

Hi! Let’s recover some coins, I’m always up for a challenge.

Can you let me know which version of electrum-ltc you’re currently running? My first thought is that maybe the seed was generated by a previous version, and you know how the seed “should be” forward-compatible but in reality you know how that goes right. I see several items in the release notes that make me question forward-compatibility:

So what I’m thinking to try is to start stepping backwards 1 version at a time, trying the seed, until it works. You’ve got a pic of the password/seed so there is no question that what you have is right, we should be good there.

I downloaded it from https://electrum-ltc.org/ early in Feb this year so shouldn’t have to many versions to go back through! Right now I have version 2.6.4.2. I looked for previous versions but I couldn’t find anything. Also at the bottom of the Electrum website it says this version was released in 2016-05-05. After seeing that I had no idea, until I found this forum!

I confirmed that is the same version that I am using. Mine also produces 13-word seeds. It’s very interesting that https://electrum-ltc.org/ still advertises 12-word seeds, I was reasonably sure that changed quite a while ago. I remember that after it produces the seed, it makes you key it back in verbatim before letting you go any further.

Out of curiousity, are you using the Windows build or the Linux build? Also, do you have a different computer (or virtual machine) that you can install electrum-ltc on and bench-test the restore using the seed words? You mentioned that after uninstalling/reinstalling the wallet that you actually still see your coins, which is odd. This makes me think that maybe the wallet wasn’t actually removed. I’m curious to see if a clean install on a different machine produces different results. :thinking:

1 Like