Sent LTC to Nano S BTC wallet *Reward*

Debatable but I honestly think you’re (unwillingly) hijacking TROM6’s thread :slight_smile:

Suggestion: create a new thread for questions like this and I’m sure someone (maybe myself included) will answer your questions there.

I’m sorry but this thread was originally about recovering LTC coins and now we’re talking about security of different exchanges.

1 Like

Akke,
I am running same situation. Could you help me to recover my coins.

Beji

1 Like

TROM6 I am in the same position.
How did you fix this?

1 Like

Guys, what to do?

Tomorrow is Litecoin Cash fork day and we get free litecoin cash if we have litecoin, right?

Should I move my litecoin fro my ledger to an exchange?
Or leave it on my ledger?

what is the best way to access litecoin cash after the fork?

1 Like

@Beji1305 , @monica3

If you are in the exact same situation as TROM6 your coins can be recovered, yes
Explain your situation in detail and I’ll let you know what to do.

@monica3

Regarding your Litecoin Cash question:

If you want early access to your LCC (Litecoin Cash) I would suggest having your LTC on a wallet you control. Any software wallet on your pc or a hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor will do.

If your LTC coins are at an exchange when LCC forks your exchange gets the LCC coins and you’ll have to wait until that exchange implements LCC. This can take a while or might even never happen, I don’t know.

So if you want the LCC coins, move your coins to your software or hardware wallet now and keep them there until LCC forked. After the fork you can move your LTC coins back to an exchange if you want.

But, again: don’t store a big amount of any coin on any exchange. History learned that exchanges can get hacked and if they get hacked people lose their coins. Thats why people buy hardware wallets like a Trezor or Ledger to store their coins.

The only reason why anyone would keep coins on exchange is if you are a trader. HODL’ers should move coins to a safe place instead.

1 Like

thanks guys

GUYS WATCH OUT! COINBASE IS HACKED I THINK!

Last month I was charged 17x $250 when I bought $250 worth of LTC. 17 times!!
They charged $4250 from my credit card and they keep telling me it is not their fault but the creditcard company failed.

On reddit there are A LOT of reports of this exact same problem happening to them in the last days. Even with bank transfers!!

Today ALL my coins are gone!

I had a total of 304 LTC, 2.3 BTC and 3 ETH. ALL GONE!

Had contact with coinbase. They say I moved them but I DID NOT!
I even have 2FA enabled. Nobody could get in my account with my google authenticator on my phone!

Yet, I read same stories on reddit.

I think coinbase is hacked. If you have coins there, move it immediately or risk losing your coins like me!

AND WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? I LOST SO MANY COINS TODAY!!!

1 Like

TROM6 pguerrerox Akke c11 Mike99 Mike99_2 Mike99_3 Beji1305

HELP ME PLEASE

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

COINBASE SAY IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE
I LOST TOOO MANY COINS
ARE THEY HACKED??

1 Like

This thread is not about coinbase, or any exchange at all.

You should create a new thread for this so you can warn people this has happened to you. This way other people can find your thread and if they have had a bad experience with Coinbase too, they can share it. This is how a forum works. You shouldn’t start a new/different discussion in an already existing thread (that actually already was finished). You will not get many replies this way.

Now, regarding your Coinbase issue I did hear about Coinbase charging multiple times the same amount and they blamed VISA while VISA said nothing changed, claiming it’s not their fault, or something like that. I thought i was a minor issue that coinbase would already have solved by now. Haven’t checked this myself as I’m not a coinbase user.

Here’s what I heard about it : https://www.cnet.com/videos/coinbase-charged-customers-multiple-times-for-purchases/

I haven’t heard other reports of people losing coins so if this really happened to you then ask Coinbase which IP address moved your coins and ask Coinbase how it’s possible someone moved your coins even with 2FA enabled.

We can’t help you here. We’re not working for Coinbase. But please start a new thread for this if you want more people to look at this and help you out.

1 Like

Howdy,
I have some LTC (19.654 LTC) that is misplaced because it was sent to a BTC wallet owned by Coinbase.
I have been trying to get them to export their keys and import them to the LTC wallet that was created when the currency hit the wrong wallet type.
After 3 months of back and forth with them via email and getting the same canned response about coins sent to the wallet are lost…Yadda, Yadda, Yadda…
I am a Coinbase One subscriber so I called the support line and tried there. The tech had a higher level tech checking on the issue. They say that they can’t access the LTC wallet because it’s not theirs and they can’t see it on my wallet list. Also they can’t find it on their own wallet list. Do they have to do something in order to have access to the derivative wallet?

Thank You for reading this, any help is appreciated.
Teramanujuan

1 Like