Author Topic: coblee will be at Bitcoin 2013 conference!  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Carnth

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin Association
Re: coblee will be at Bitcoin 2013 conference!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 09:38:02 PM »
Is there a stream?
+1
would be pretty interested in watching the stream

I think the conference will have streams after everything is over.

Offline PROPHET

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 11:09:07 AM »
can't wait! ;D

Offline TheLiteCoinGuy

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 01:02:39 PM »
Is there a stream?
+1
would be pretty interested in watching the stream

I think the conference will have streams after everything is over.

Starts today  http://www.bitcoin2013.com

Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments May 17-19, 2013 - San Jose, California

Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss Keynote Speakers at the Kickoff Party

Premium Sponsor http://bitcoincard.org

and yes, after the days there will be videos from all of it  :)

Offline coblee

• VIP Donator
  • Litecoin Creator
  • Charlie Lee, Litecoin creator
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 12:43:39 AM »
The conference went really well. I was super nervous during the alt-chain panel. I need more practice talking in public. :)

Good news is Litecoin was a surprisingly hot topic at the conference. When I first got to the conference, I was given a goody bag that contained a bitcoin and a litecoin gift wallet (See http://alittlebitofcoin.com)
Every attendee got one. :)

While walking around the conference, I keep overhearing people talking about litecoin and how they are mining it. On the first day, most people didn't know who I was, so I had fun listening in on these conversations without revealing myself. :) By the 2nd day (especially after the alt-chain panel), it seems like I can't walk 10 steps without someone coming up to me and saying "are you coblee?", "hey, you're the litecoin guy!", "hey, thanks a lot for creating litecoin!" That was an interesting experience.

I've talked to a quite few bitcoin businesses that plan to support Litecoin very soon. And I've collected quite a few business cards, and plan to pester them about supporting Litecoin. So Litecoin is definitely getting some love from the Bitcoin community.

Offline reb0rn

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 02:44:53 AM »
I am happy to see Litecoin kicking on, would be nice to someone post the video from the conference or post more details, most ppl are not in the loop
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:48:04 AM by reb0rn »

Offline Anthony85

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 02:57:31 AM »
The conference went really well. I was super nervous during the alt-chain panel. I need more practice talking in public. :)

Good news is Litecoin was a surprisingly hot topic at the conference. When I first got to the conference, I was given a goody bag that contained a bitcoin and a litecoin gift wallet (See http://alittlebitofcoin.com)

While walking around the conference, I keep overhearing people talking about litecoin and how they are mining it. On the first day, most people didn't know who I was, so I had fun listening in on these conversations without revealing myself. :) By the 2nd day (especially after the alt-chain panel), it seems like I can't walk 10 steps without someone coming up to me and saying "are you coblee?", "hey, you're the litecoin guy!", "hey, thanks a lot for creating litecoin!" That was an interesting experience.

I've talked to a quite few bitcoin businesses that plan to support Litecoin very soon. And I've collected quite a few business cards, and plan to pester them about supporting Litecoin. So Litecoin is definitely getting some love from the Bitcoin community.

good job!!The gift card looks very cool ;-)

Offline colmex

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »

That is pretty awesome, one thing I've started doing to get people into cryptocurrencies is having my mobile wallet with a few litecoins in it, and when people ask me about mining/cryptocurrencies just getting them to download the app on their phone and then I send them .1 of a litecoin.

Tips: LM5WQdwpX19bPXWmZErcxB32SEhTPQpzHd

Offline Brun

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »

Nice! Good job coblee!  :D

Offline The 4ner

• Local Bitcoins Public Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:58 PM »

Awesome. Great Job Coblee!
If I was of any help please consider donating.
Donate LTC: LNEs5n5MwrJEteSW39KSKnTADo5RHZcxiA
Donate BTC: 1EL4nErX7mJTEUJUZGc7gJ3pAEkijXASoG
#Bitcoin-OTC WoT

kolok117

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 03:23:18 AM »
Goodstuff coblee. youre a real G  8)

Donate if you like !

Offline Anthony85

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 03:31:25 AM »

That is pretty awesome, one thing I've started doing to get people into cryptocurrencies is having my mobile wallet with a few litecoins in it, and when people ask me about mining/cryptocurrencies just getting them to download the app on their phone and then I send them .1 of a litecoin.

what you are doing is very nice,we should all involve more ppl into LTC donating them a small amount.

Offline Arbitrageur

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
nice to hear your report from the conference coblee, please add more detail if you have any, and don't hesitate to post the video of your panel if released. thanks a lot!

Offline TheLiteCoinGuy

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »
Thanks, good job coblee!  :)

Offline Arbitrageur

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »
http://www.bitcoin2013.com/uploads/1/4/9/4/14946598/5433025_orig.jpeg

you charles lee then, right?
looking forward to see the video of this panel

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • Lealana Physical Litecoins - Silver/Brass
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 06:53:38 AM »
It was a pleasure meeting the man behind the creation of Litecoin at this year's conference.  ;D