Author Topic: Best Litecoin Client  (Read 3644 times)

newlitecoinuser

Best Litecoin Client
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »
Does Litecoin have an original client like Bitcoin? If so which is it and where do I download it. I ask because I see several on the Litecoin.org page and idk which to download for my Mac. Also if Satoshi Nakamoto is the founder of Bitcoin, who is the founder of Litecoin?

Offline colmex

Re: Best Litecoin Client
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »
From what I understand satoshi nakamoto is really the father of all cryptocurrencies as he wrote the original thesis paper stating the original idea of a cryptocurrency. So in a way he is also the founder of litecoin

Tips: LM5WQdwpX19bPXWmZErcxB32SEhTPQpzHd

Offline rTech

• Global Moderator
  • I hate titles :D
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:54:56 PM »
I would say: Coblee but Bitcointalk has this old post :)

Litecoin is the result of some of us who joined together on IRC in an effort to create a real alternative currency similar to Bitcoin.  We wanted to make a coin that is silver to Bitcoin's gold.  Various alternative currencies have come and gone.  Some brought innovation, but they all had problems.

ixcoin - Nasakioto premined 580k coins. Seemed like a pump and dump. Competed with Bitcoin for GPU resources - Dead (~2 gh/s)
    i0coin - Basically ixcoin without the premine. Not much support was given to this coin after it was released. - Dead (~5 gh/s)
    SolidCoin - Innovative quick transaction times. Appears to have been run aground by CoinHunter, its creator, due to insecure changes and immature forum presence. - Dead, shutdown by CoinHunter
    GeistGeld - Lolcust premined 7.7 million coins.  15 second block time is probably a bit extreme. - Alive, but limping (~15 gh/s)
    Tenebrix - Lolcust premined 7.7 million coins.  CPU proof of work using scrypt is very innovative.  Price doing fairly well on btc-e.com. - Alive (~0.003 gh/s)
    Fairbrix - Basically Tenebrix without the premine.  First launch was crippled due to bad config.  Relaunch attacked initially - Doing OK now, but no exchange so far. - Alive, but limping (~0.0001 gh/s)

read more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47417.msg564414#msg564414
rent my sig, its cheap

newlitecoinuser

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:15:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies  :)
Now, regarding the LTC client which is the Original Client? I already downloaded one. I downloaded "Litecoin v0.6.3c for Mac OS X" from github and it looks like the BTC original client. But there were two downloads for the mac one was simply without the "c" ex. Litecoin v0.6.3" " for Mac OS X

Offline Carnth

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Litecoin Association Member
  • Litecoin Association
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »
Now, regarding the LTC client which is the Original Client? I already downloaded one. I downloaded "Litecoin v0.6.3c for Mac OS X" from github and it looks like the BTC original client.

Yes you got it. That is the most current "original" Mac client. right now.

newlitecoinuser

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

Yes you got it. That is the most current "original" Mac client. right now.

Thanks!