Author Topic: My prediction for LTC difficulty and invest/return  (Read 2059 times)

Offline drmadcat

My prediction for LTC difficulty and invest/return
« on: April 18, 2013, 03:36:25 PM »
Ive done a few basic calculations and trying to figure out it its still worth mining
So today the difficulty is 364.36 if the difficulty keeps going up at 40 every 3 days in 6 months the difficulty will be 2820.00. As im mining at 1.6Mh the price at the end of 6 month for LTC/USD would have to be $8 each for me to break even getting .55 LTC per day.

If it goes up by 50 every 3 days its 3430.00 i would need the price to be $10 per LTC

Do you think LTC will be $8 in 6 month time?
LTC: LhwmMWknVuksjrfoF3PRJyL7etUTD7twcN

Offline cal97g

Re: My prediction for LTC difficulty and invest/return
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
The better question is will the difficulty be 2820 in 6 months time, probably not.

Offline drmadcat

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
you think it will be more or less?
LTC: LhwmMWknVuksjrfoF3PRJyL7etUTD7twcN

Offline MinerInTheShire

• Mini Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
Agree with cal97g - the thing is difficulty won't keep going up by 40 or 50 per day. Whilst we're where we're at now - with a lower difficulty and (let's say in relation to the future) low total MH/s.

In the future as more hashing power is added to the network, the difficulty will rise yes - but it's there to balance out the finding of blocks. those with low hashing power will drop off if its not worth it. This will bring the total hashing power of the network down, and difficulty will decrease. A natural balance will be found. Whilst there's still an absence of ASICs, expect GPU mining to be worth it (maybe not on very old cards and single GPUs, but multi card setups that are reasonable hashing) .

However one thing that will make a big difference is people jumping ship from BTC to LTC mining... Especially those with a large number of GPUs. That said, some will - some will sell their gear for a return - and I think others with a large amount of kit will "spread their bets" and split their kit between multiple currencies.... PPC and TRC are pretty low in value at the moment, and there is a temptation to get in their with a high hash rate for possible future greater returns... As well as putting some mining power into LTC as that is the most mature (and therefore most likely to succeed at this point) after BTC.

Offline cal97g

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:18:11 PM »
I think it will be more, but there is no way we can accurately estimate difficulty.