Author Topic: CG Miner & Litecoin  (Read 8882 times)

Offline Liquid

• LTC : Litecoin
    • Litecoin Australia
CG Miner & Litecoin
« on: September 28, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
Hello new here  :D

ok having a few problems with CGminer and lightcoin everytime i plug in the pool info it starts working like i get a high hash rate but it keeps saying

Rejected
Rejected
Rejected

keeps rejecting the block i have tried many pools but keep getting rejected ive tried all sorts of config settings but no change.

It works with PPCoin and Bitcoin but not lightcoin >??? is this a CGminer problem

Here is a picture

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:19:19 PM by Liquid »

Offline PandaMiner

• David
    • Silver Investor
Re: CG Miner & Litecoin
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »
Have you tried a previous version of cgminer?
What's your batch file look like?
Do you use a secondary pool for failover?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:33:43 PM by PandaMiner »
~Dave~

Offline AJM

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »
Post your settings, and we may be able to better help you.

Offline Brun

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »
You need to compile cgminer with scrypt enabled (with the --enable-scrypt after ./configure) AND activate scrypt when you start cgminer. (add the --scrypt parameter).

If not, you'll get these errors.

Offline PandaMiner

• David
    • Silver Investor
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 07:33:46 PM »
You need to compile cgminer with scrypt enabled (with the --enable-scrypt after ./configure) AND activate scrypt when you start cgminer. (add the --scrypt parameter).

If not, you'll get these errors.

It looks like he's running windows, not *nix, but what I didn't notice before is that his GPU's are running in MegaHashes not KiloHashes. Which leads me to believe he is not utilizing scrypt as you say.
~Dave~

Offline Brun

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:03 PM »
It looks like he's running windows, not *nix, but what I didn't notice before is that his GPU's are running in MegaHashes not KiloHashes. Which leads me to believe he is not utilizing scrypt as you say.

Yeah, and I didn't notice he was using Windows  ;D

Liquid, be sure you have Scrypt activated on CGMiner (--scrypt command). Also, 90C is really high. Aim at keeping your GPU under 80C if possible or you're going to kill them.

Offline Liquid

• Litecoin Australia
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 11:57:11 PM »
Sorry i was sleeping, Thanks for the replies ok you have given me my answer, about having to use the Scrypt and a bat file.

Yes im running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

with the other crypto coins i can just put in the info in cgminer without creating a bat file and its the best method for me because i get the best hash-rate and it does not lag my computer.

I know with the bat you can put in aggressive rate and i normally put it under 13 because i want to use my computer while i mine  :P

I have successfully run my bat file but got like 770Kh/s - 800Kh/s perhaps that is the best score i can get would that be right im running a 5970 + 5850

Im fully aware about the temperate  issue, im a computer technician by trade also i used to have a GTX 480 witch sat on 92C for a year and i had no problem with it.

ok temps are under control 86C  ;)

Btw is bitcointalk.org down ?

Thanks again
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:59:57 PM by Liquid »

Offline Brun

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 06:34:52 AM »
Intensity affects a LOT the hashrate. If you put it under 13, you're not going to get much higher that you get now.

Offline Liquid

• Litecoin Australia
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
I c ok thank you

Just tried Reaper with a pool and it said ~ 200 LTC per day but it very laggy be good if i didnt have to use my computer lol

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 11:07:51 AM by Liquid »