Here is how to solo Litecoin or Novacoin or Bitcoin or Fairbrix or etc, etc, etc. on Windows 7/8
This HOW-TO assumes you are already familiar with mining on a pool, and want to mine solo. It also assume you are familiar with directories/folders in Windows and have file extensions visible. Repeat, you must have file extensions visible.
1. Download and install the qt-client
2. Navigate to the working directory of the coin you want to mine.
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\LitecoinIn these example, I use "Administrator" as my Windows User Name. Make sure to use your own user name.
3. Create a new text file in this folder. Name the file after the coin you are mining, like this:
4. Open the new file in Notepad.
5. Copy all the following and paste in to the conf file and save:
rpcuser=Carnth(This assumes your Local network (LAN) in on 192.168.X.X IP addresses. Most home routers use these IP addresses.)
6. Load up the qt-client. Let it catch up to the current block.
7. Setup your miner as usual, but using these settings:
url=http://127.0.0.1:9332Novacoin on cgminer may require "-e 1"
If you want, you can change the Username and Passwords in the conf file to whatever you want. The only thing that matters is that you use the same user and password on your conf file and miner.
Solo mining does not give you "accepts" unless you find a block. That's right! Every "accept" is an actual block that you found, so be patient. Other than that, you don't get much feedback so you may think something is not working.
When you do find a block, they will show up in your QT client AFTER the next 1 or 2 blocks found after yours.