Author Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Atlantis - Litecoin secure anonymous free market  (Read 42344 times)

Offline atlantis

Hello fellow Litecoiners.

Today we would like to officially announce the release of our new website & service, Atlantis -- The free market.

Many of you will be familiar with SilkRoad, and as I'm sure most of you will agree, SR has put Bitcoin on the map and in the eyes of the general public, the media, and the cryptocurrency communities. SR continues to strengthen the Bitcoin economy to this day.

Our team decided that in order for Litecoin to make its mark in the cryptocurrency world it needed a similar service backing it.

So, with that being said, we would like to officially invite you all to Atlantis (or ATL for short), the Litecoin free market. Users of SR will feel at home using our website. However we've also improved on a few key areas that are a weakness in the current SR service, such as security, overall look & feel, ease of use, regular updates and last but definitely not least -- cheaper commission rates!

Regardless of whether or not you support this kind of activity, we are certain that with the right leadership this is a positive step toward the adoption and tangibility of the Litecoin currency.

To access Atlantis, you have a few options:

1. Download the Tor Browser Bundle at: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en and navigate to http://atlantisrky4es5q.onion
2. Configure your browser to use the Tor client (Tor client also downloaded at the above).
3. You can access the website without any additional software by clicking here: http://atlantisrky4es5q.onion.sh or here: http://atlantisrky4es5q.tor2web.org -- These are Tor proxy services.

We tend to find the proxy services operate faster, however if maximum security is your concern you should use the Browser Bundle.

To familiarize yourself with the website we have created a buyer and seller guide which can be accessed upon logging in.

For a limited time, we will also be giving the first 3 MONTHS of trades entirely commission free to high sellers on other markets. If you wish to take up this opportunity, and can provide proof of ownership of your account on the other market, please create an account on Atlantis and message support. Please note we will only be giving these to limited users, apologies if you miss out.

We will also be answering questions in this thread, so feel free to ask away. Trolls will be ignored.

* Edit 1: Vendor fee reduced to $10 from $25 whilst we get our bearings. This won't last so get in quick.
* Edit 2: We have our first wave of products hitting the shelves very soon. All coming from reputable vendors with great feedback. Stay tuned.
* Edit 3:

Commission has been reduced to %6 for orders under $50, and less for other orders. View sellers guide for further information.
Vendor account status has been increased to $20 ($10 is too cheap to deter scammers according to the community feedback we have received).

* Edit 4: Robust & customizable shipping options have been implemented. We only display the relevant shipping options to your customers based off their country & region as well.
* Edit 5: Forums will be up within the next 24 hours (hopefully -- we're awaiting activation of our VPN service, proving to be a lengthy process due to the provider companies incompetency).
* Edit 6: Still awaiting VPN provider for forums. Shipping options have been fully implemented!

To stay up to date with the latest updates please visit our thread on the Bitcoin Talk forum as well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154138.0

Lots more updates to come shortly such as:

Payment history

Many thanks,
The Atlantis team.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:34:37 AM by atlantis »

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • Lealana Physical Litecoins - Silver/Brass
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Atlantis - Litecoin secure anonymous free market
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
Is this the equivalent to a Litecoin SilkRoad?

Offline atlantis

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »
Sure is Smoothie. Hope you're ready for the LTC boom.

-- Atlantis

Offline hanzac

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
This is a good thing. The world should be free as anyone should take the responsibility for themselves even it's not good for their health.

Offline ajareselde

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »
Way to go , i have my support !
we need more stuff like this !

Offline dialucrii

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:11:48 PM »
$25 for a desolate place is a bit much :/ imho.

Maybe a dynamic seller fee that starts way lower would be better?

Offline rTech

• Global Moderator
  • I hate titles :D
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
Oh no.. No no... Bad for ltc reputationas we have been dope free :-P
rent my sig, its cheap

Offline atlantis

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
Due to popular request the vendor account fee has been reduced to $10. Very cheap compared to SR. We will put this price up later down the track -- but for now it will remain. Commission fees may also be reduced over the coming day as well, so please check back frequently.

Do also remember that we are offering free seller accounts, and a free 3 months on commission for well reputed sellers. Message support on the atlantis website for further information.

Thank you for the support and interest!

-- Atlantis
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:27:12 PM by atlantis »

Offline dialucrii

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »
Another recommendation would be a referral code. That way we can refer vendors and consumers.

Offline dexydex

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
Finally!  PM sent on Atlantis.
LNVmXoV4CjU6qekmFb8oAPYMo6ZNZACEm7

Offline atlantis

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »
Finally!  PM sent on Atlantis.

Sent a reply dexydex, thank you.

To all others: We have our first wave of products coming within the next couple of hours!

-- Atlantis

Offline dexydex

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 05:30:34 PM »
Suggestion: A spot for an image on seller profiles would be nice.

<3

Offline gates

• BTCGigs.com Owner
    • BTCGigs
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »
Sweet, Listing A few Things now :)
Donate BTC: 1CPnUzUwCpmgBTN2BQy8bhHV5T2YVD5w88
Donate LTC: LZAcddUejP3dcFqWBTLa3EKHaijMfQQUVG

Offline dexydex

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
Everything looks good so far, with one exception: there is no way to specify different prices for shipping.  International shipping can be considerably more expensive than domestic shipping, and I like to offer additional options like overnight shipping for customers willing to pay extra to get their stuff very quickly.  Also, I can often ship more than one item for the same price, but the system doesn't allow it. 

Let's say I'm selling gum balls.  I'd like to price my gum balls at $1 each and priority domestic shipping would be $6.  So, someone ordering just 1 gum ball pays $7.   I can ship 100 gum balls in that same $6 box, but your system would charge $700 because I have to include shipping in the price.  Yes, I can limit buyers to larger quantities and specify that I'll only ship within the united states, but sometimes customers only want to buy a small quantity to make sure a seller is legit.

<3
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:23:29 PM by dexydex »

Offline Otoh

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »
Of course you are free to do as you like, though

"Our team decided that in order for Litecoin to make its mark in the cryptocurrency world it needed a similar service backing it."

You aren't backing Litecoin you are just using it for your own ends, be they honey trap or whatever.

"Regardless of whether or not you support this kind of activity, we are certain that with the right leadership this is a positive step toward the adoption and tangibility of the Litecoin currency."

The leadership you refer to is only of your SR knock off site & it's just your opinion that it will benefit Litecoin as a currency, as others have previously posted in this forum a SR type site for LTC is neither needed nor welcomed by all who commented on the idea here.

http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,1237.0.html

Personally I'm neutral about it & just see it as an inevitable development of wider Litecoin recognition & adoption as a complimentary alternative to Bitcoins, at any rate it should be amusing to watch, especially it's "tangibility" & used dildos market ajajajajaajaja, are you using a CMS btw - that's bad.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:41:58 PM by Otoh »
BTC = $c²     LTC = $c³     BTC = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc     LTC = LQMHQ6haTzVa2uKkxFAaujEqmzkbHBzt7i     NXT = 9862336831998627827     My Rep