Author Topic: Mining in a botnet?  (Read 2569 times)

Offline PurpleHaze

Mining in a botnet?
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »
Suppose you have access of around a thousand computers. CPU mining will be extremely ideal but I am new to this.
When I start the miner on my computer: minerd --url http://de1.suprnova.cc:8336/ --userpass user.1:pwd
It works and I am getting 2 KH/s on my computer. My question is would multiple computers be able to connect to my worker and all do this?

Offline rTech

• Global Moderator
  • I hate titles :D
Re: Mining in a botnet?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 04:38:53 PM »
Yes you can use same for all but usually its not recommended. Please dont use botnets its just harming + LTC as miner source codes get blacklisted by av-comppanys when they detect them and thats another brick for us others who respect privacy and not use criminal ways.
rent my sig, its cheap

Offline PurpleHaze

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:52:11 PM »
I am curious as to how it harms LTC? Is the intention not to mine and generate more coins? I am coding this myself as a feature for my botnet so I am not worried about it being detected by antiviruses, that is the great benefit to coding your own software.

Offline Fallout

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
It will harm the community if the public finds out about a botnet. If this botnet is then used for litecoin/bitcoin or whatever, it will be blamed on that community to support such behaviour and thereby harm the reputition of the system. People are easily influenced by bad news, even if those are wrong.
BTC: 18b4FuDzMJnaaZK63tm5vLULUGd3YwSLu
LTC: LRr9CTjQxUo4nvW5UMWz2jMwBHJAKLvreR
FTC: 6hMioPvuzexjcNWJHuhqEySTzF3TiWLUBp
BBQ: bQRPD59v1aqvQAM7knuo7CG9QtiamnUjZi

Offline PurpleHaze

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
I don't see a problem with that.

Offline Digitalicecram

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »
If you had a bunch of tips going to one account it would be a bit fishy. It would probobly screw up the way people look at all cryptocurrencies

Offline PurpleHaze

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »
I guess the better question is do the mining pools care? Does it affect them or do they get upset when individual people bring large hash rates? And if so wouldn't all I have to do is find a mining pool that supports botnets? From my understanding Litecoin isn't controlled by a government or any private group.

Offline Cinon

• Litecoin Mixer
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 08:20:52 PM »
I guess the better question is do the mining pools care? Does it affect them or do they get upset when individual people bring large hash rates? And if so wouldn't all I have to do is find a mining pool that supports botnets? From my understanding Litecoin isn't controlled by a government or any private group.

Just make your own mining pool :D

Offline DiCE1904

• Donator
  • legit
    • LTCDice
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »

No I dont think you will have a problem with any pools at all.
higher hashrate better LTC security  ;D