Author Topic: Cgminer/Bitminter question | Ubuntu/Radeon HD 5450  (Read 2625 times)

Offline AZ-Miner

• But it's a dry heat.
Cgminer/Bitminter question | Ubuntu/Radeon HD 5450
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:05:30 AM »
I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and using a Radeon HD 5450 card. Cgminer sees my card and is utilizing it @ 85% but only gives me 7 kh/s in the client's display. Although, when I check my worker on the pool my hash rate fluctuates between 7 and 35 kh/s in increments of 7 ( 7,14,21,28,35).
When I go on Bitminter I get between 11 and 13 mh/s. Seems to me cgminer should do better than that.
I have cgminer set to "intensity" : "d" "gpu-threads" : "1" and "worksize" : "256" and "kernel" : "scrypt".
Is the difference because cgminer is using scrypt and mining LTC and Bitminter is mining BTC or do I need to change something in my cgminer.conf.?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline blaabjerg

Re: Cgminer/Bitminter question | Ubuntu/Radeon HD 5450
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
Are you sure 85% isn't the fan speed?

Play around with intensity. The difference between d and, say, 14 is vast. Read the SCRYPT-README.

Yes, scrypt and sha256 are entirely different and won't work interchangeably.

Offline AZ-Miner

• But it's a dry heat.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:22:10 PM »

Play around with intensity. The difference between d and, say, 14 is vast. Read the SCRYPT-README.

Thanks for the help. Pretty sure the 85% isn't the fan speed because the Radeon 5450 doesn't have a fan.If it did it would show up in  Psensor.
Checked the mining hardware comparison chart for different intensities listed for the 5450 under the notes column to see what yields the best results but nothing found. I will try different intensities and see what the results are. I saw somewhere that you can change it from "d" to anywhere between -10 to 25 ( I think, can't remember where I saw that ). There is some information in the cgminer display that I am not sure of.
I am going to try and find out what the displayed parameters mean. Some of it is obvious, some is not. Most miners on the forum use Windows so it's a little more difficult to get answers. Thanks again.

Offline AZ-Miner

• But it's a dry heat.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »

blaabjerg: That did it, increased intensity and doubled my hash rate. Also increased the GPU temp, had to bump it down a bit so as not to fry the GPU.