Here's the latest Guide for you guys
SupaDupa's Noob Guide to Litecoin P2Pool Mining (Windows) *UPDATED February 20th 2013*:
1. Download P2Pool @ http://u.forre.st/u/rliakpxs/p2pool_win32_11.2.zip
(11.2) *HARDFORK: Upgrade is required! Hardfork will happen after 95% of the pool's hash rate has upgraded. Everybody having not upgraded will be split off into a tiny P2Pool.* *Changes: (in 9.4) * Fixed inefficient memory usage - Resident memory went from 736MB to 266MB for Diablo-D3 *Changes: (in 11.2) * * Fixed a major memory leak of peer objects, as far as I know the cause of all P2Pool memory issues recently Found by Prattler, whose donation address is 18uyCqDvP6VQUeyTuA5s6x1Ft8x8om767J
2. Download ScryptMiner @ http://www.mediafire.com/?0g2wi33437dawbs
3. Download Litecoin Client @ https://github.com/downloads/litecoin-project/litecoin/litecoin-0.6.3c-win32-setup.exe
4. Extract P2Pool to it's own folder.
5. Extract ScryptMiner to it's own folder.
6. Install the Litecoin Client (Wallet) Software.
7. Once you have downloaded the full Litecoin block chain go into C:\Users\[Your User Account]\AppData\Roaming\Litecoin and make a litecoin.conf file add the following on a seperate line.. it should look like this..
It can take several hours to download all the blocks in the blockchain on a Broadband Internet Connection
All file sources provided in this guide are direct from the developers DO NOT use any other links all the files in this guide come from TRUSTED SOURCES!
7 1/2. Exit and Re-Open your Litecoin client for the litecoin.conf to enable
7 3/4. If your Litecoin Client is crashing while using the Litecoin RPC Server I will be updating this guide with info on how to use the Litecoin Daemon instead (This Doesn't Crash your Litecoin Client) (I'm currently going on 6+ hours without my Litecoin Client crashing using the Litecoin RPC Server).
8. Save the litecoin.conf file as "All Files/Types" in notepad and make sure the extension is .conf if it's .conf.txt that will not work it has to be litecoin.conf with that information EXACTLY like it's formatted
9. Now go into your P2Pool folder , highlight run_p2pool.exe , right click and Send To Desktop > Create Shortcut
10. Go onto your Desktop where the shortcut to run_p2pool.exe is , right click and go to properties , under target go to the very end , put a space and --net litecoin user password
it should look like this..
run_p2pool.exe" --net litecoin user password
11. Now go into your ScryptMiner folder and find ScryptMiner.exe open it and you will see the ScryptMiner GUi.
Enter the following in the fields
RPC Server: http://127
User: [Whatever you want]
Password: [Whatever you want]
11 1/2. *EXTRA HASHRATE: If you want some additional hashrate and to limit the amount of stales you can replace the current cpuminer files with Pooler's CPUMiner (minerd)
11. 2/3 *EXTRA EXTRA HASHRATE: To reduce stress on your CPU it's advised to always be using minerd.exe in Low Priority to do this..
Press Alt + Ctrl + Delete on your Keyboard and Choose Start Task Manager
Go to processes and find your "minerd.exe" process
Right Click on it and go Set Priority > Low
11 3/4 *EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA HASHRATE: If you happen to be mining on Litecoin P2Pool and Bitcoin P2Pool at the same time it is advised to set your CGMiner to the highest intensity for normal hashrate to do so..
Well mining on CGMiner..
Press G on the CGMiner Command Prompt
Press I on the CGMiner Command Prompt
Type in 14
This should bring back your normal hashrate while minng Bitcoins on P2Pool
*EXTRA NOTE ABOUT EXTRA HASHRATE: Your best option to maintain your normal hashrate is to also set Low Priority on your minerd.exe
To do this..
Press ALT + CTRL + DELETE
Press Start Task Manager
Go to the Processes Tab
Find your minerd.exe
Right Click it and Select Set Priority > Low
This should bring back your normal hashrate while mining both Bitcoins and Litecoins
*WARNING: There has not been any reports of systems becoming unstable while Intensity is set to 14 on CGMiner and minerd is set to Low Priority. If however your system becomes unstable IMMEDIATELY STOP using this fix.
A warning will come up stating the process could become unstable there is no issue with using this fix from what I've seen but if your system starts to become unstable when using this fix IMMEDIATELY stop using it!
To do this simply copy over the files in the ScryptMiner folder with the ones from Pooler's CPUMiner (minerd)
Windows x86 (32 Bit): https://github.com/downloads/pooler/cpuminer/pooler-cpuminer-2.2.3-win32.zip
Windows x64 (64 Bit): https://github.com/downloads/pooler/cpuminer/pooler-cpuminer-2.2.3-win64.zip
*LARGE SPEED IMPROVEMENT on Pooler's CPUMiner 2.1.5 and up "The speedup should range from 25% for Intel to 45% for AMD, but only in 64-bit mode"
*NOTE: If you prefer to use JUST Pooler's CPUMiner 2.2.3 you can use it through commandline to do this..
Download Pooler's CPUMiner 2.2.3 (32 bit) and Pooler's CPUMiner 2.2.3 (64 bit)
Extract Pooler's CPUMiner 2.2.3 (32 bit) or Pooler's CPUMiner 2.2.3 (64 bit) to a folder.
Open your Pooler's CPU Miner 2.2.3 (32 bit) folder or Pooler's CPU Miner 2.2.3 (64bit) folder and find the file "minerd.exe" right click this file and select Send To > Desktop Create Shortcut
Find the shortcut to minerd.exe on your Desktop right click it and go to Properties.
In the "Target" field go to the very end of the line add a space and enter the following it should look like this
minerd.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:9327
-u user -p password
Now your shortcut is made click OK to save it and close Properties Screen for your Litecoin P2Pool minerd.exe shortcut
Run P2Pool with the "--net litecoin" option.
Run your miner program, connecting to 127.0.0.1 on port 9327.
Forward port 9338 to the host running P2Pool.
Litecoin's use of ports 9332 and 9332 conflicts with P2Pool running on
the Bitcoin network. To avoid problems, add these lines to litecoin.conf
and restart litecoind:
11 4/5. Make sure your Litecoin client is still open if it's not reopen it , your Litecoin client needs to be open for P2Pool to have access to the Litecoin RPC Server.
11 5/6. I will add to the guide with info on how to use the Litecoin Daemon instead of the Litecoin RPC Server soon.
12. Hit Start Mining or Double Click your Litecoin P2Pool minerd.exe shortcut
13. If all goes well you should be mining Litecoins on P2Pool.
SupaDupaMod edit: Updated this post from: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,57.msg7888.html#msg7888