Author Topic: Solo mining with cgminer question  (Read 5163 times)

Offline taloravia

Solo mining with cgminer question
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »
Hello, I have a couple questions about cgminer that I did not find in the official thread. First off, I used the solo easy automatic set up for solo mining lite coins, which is located here: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,54.0.html
I have been mining bitcoins for a little over a month and decided to check out litecoins, see if it could work out a little better with my system. I have only mined with a pool for bitcoins, mainly deepbit. So, I am new to solo mining as a whole.

My first question is, how do you know when you have found a block with cgminer? Does it tell you, or do you just find out once litecoins have been deposited in to your wallet?

My second question will be used with a picture I will post below. All the abbreviations, like SS, Q, DW etc etc, does it look like my cgminer is correctly solo mining litecoins? I looked up what each individual term meant. I am just not sure if that is what is typically seen when solo mining or if some thing is not running correctly.

Offline Greedi

Re: Solo mining with cgminer question
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
Hello, I have a couple questions about cgminer that I did not find in the official thread. First off, I used the solo easy automatic set up for solo mining lite coins, which is located here: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,54.0.html
I have been mining bitcoins for a little over a month and decided to check out litecoins, see if it could work out a little better with my system. I have only mined with a pool for bitcoins, mainly deepbit. So, I am new to solo mining as a whole.

My first question is, how do you know when you have found a block with cgminer? Does it tell you, or do you just find out once litecoins have been deposited in to your wallet?

My second question will be used with a picture I will post below. All the abbreviations, like SS, Q, DW etc etc, does it look like my cgminer is correctly solo mining litecoins? I looked up what each individual term meant. I am just not sure if that is what is typically seen when solo mining or if some thing is not running correctly.

You'll see in you're wallet when you find a block :), it will popup right oway :)

and yeah, that seem to be working ^
Show your support -> Sea Shepherds

Offline taloravia

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »
Oh wow, that was a fast reply. Haha, well thank you for the information :)

Offline Greedi

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »
Oh wow, that was a fast reply. Haha, well thank you for the information :)

Let me know if you need more info :)

else there are also a Wiki

Show your support -> Sea Shepherds