UNOMP Comprehension

Hi,

In this my stratum has detected a block. May I know what does this mean?

Kindly reply

Thanks

1 Like

that does not mean you found any blocks…that means you found an answer to your small share of the block hash…

you cannot find a block only mining at 12 kh/s anyways…please look at this calculator: Mining Calculator | litecoinpool.org

and this beginners guide: Beginner's Guide | litecoinpool.org

pools split up the block hash and send out small pieces to all the workers then those workers find a solution to that potion of the hash and all are submitted as a complete block hash solution.
every hash is a potential block hash solution but the main wallet verifies if it is a block hash solution and then sends 25 Litecoins to the main wallet that is running the server…

in the links above the main server is being run by litecoinpool.org

Thanks for replying,

I got it what you are saying… So , in this image you are also watching that I have accepted some share or hashes… Right… So my question is do I get some reward of these accepted share or hashes ?

Kindly reply

Regards

I was thinking about solo mining, looked into p2pool but realized that isn’t really solo mining. Is UNOMP what I need to look into for solo mining?

Also, does it make the Litecoin network in any way more robust or reliable if more people mine solo vs. in pools? Idk if that’s even the right way to ask that…

if the pool pays out on a PPS system then yes…if they payout using PPLNS then you have to be mining when the pool finds a block…(see slushpool.com payout system)
…then the block reward is split among the pool based on your contribution towards that block hash solution

litecoinpool.org pays out PPS (Pay Per Share) so you’ll get paid every time that miner window gives you a “yay!!”

P2Pool is your best bet besides PPS payouts unless you have enough hashing power to find a whole block or you plan on never turning off you miner…
I usually turn my miners off for at least 4 hours per day to hopefully prevent over heating problems…seems to help with temp control in the server cabinet though…every time I disconnect my bitcoin miner from slushpool…I miss out getting paid on any blocks they find when i am not mining…it really sucks when they find 3 or 4 in a row and I am not connected…sometimes I don’t miss any payouts though…
but for litecoin…any PPS payout or P2Pool is a good choice…

Hi friend ,

Thanks for replying.

Well I have also tried to mine on slush pool but the problem I was getting on slush pool it runs 10 minutes and next 10 minutes it stops automatically.

So took my s9 from there.

Now about my mining litecoin.

As I told you that the pool on which I am mining this is my own pool . I have created or made it by myself.
Now payout system I have choose in my pool is PPS , I hope u r understanding what I am trying to say. So on that bases I got some share on my pool for litecoin .

I can choose any payout system in my pool … So I have choose PPS … But when I am getting shares on PPS system on my own pool , should I get some rewards while I am getting few shares ?

Thanks

Regards

Every “Share” is a “Guess” towards the block hash solution…you keep guessing until you find the correct answer…its all based on luck…which is why the more machines you have mining or “guessing” at one time…the better “Luck” you have…or the more likely you are to find a block.

you Can Not “Choose” PPS payout if you are running your own pool…PPS payouts are paid by the pool administrator…not by the blockchain algorithm

if your running your own pool you can’t pay yourself per share…

the algorithm will give you coins when you find a block hash solution and you will only get 25 coins when one of those “shares” is the correct solution for a block…if you are mining on your own pool

Technically every “Share” is a “Potential” block solution. The “Share” gets turned into the wallet(server) and then gets compared to the block hash…if they match then you get paid…if no match then you try again…

Pools Like litecoinpool.org are paying everyone out of pocket in hopes that one of the workers connected will find a block…

P2Pool is different…you get paid every time one of your peers finds a block or you find a block on P2Pool

Hi ,

I am searching for that how I can connect my static IP address to litecoinpool.org or any p2pool node by running my own life coin core client on my laptop.

I know it’s all about networking but I am looking at the way from where I can use my Asic miner to get some good rewards from pool or direct from wallet.

What do I need to do in this case?

I have static IP address.
I have full router and firewall access.
I have 100 Mbps internet connection.
I have some sort of knowledge about line.

So anyone can help me to point my miner with my own static IP to litecoinpool.org or any p2pool…

Thanks in advance

you cant add a static ip to any external address…you can only add a static ip to your local netowrk behind your own router…if you want to connect to litecoinpool.org you need to type stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 as a starting batch file to mine with a gpu or cpu or put the pool address in the miners configuration page along with your user login information…here is their help page showing the ip addresses to their servers: Help/FAQ | litecoinpool.org
also please read the beginers guide:
Beginner's Guide | litecoinpool.org

Thank you for your reply…

Actually I am looking for node mining … I am running a full node wallet of litecoin … and I want to connect litecoinpool.org node to my node…

How I can do this .
Please guide me.

On my router 9333 and 9332 ports are open .

you cannot connect a “node” to a pool…you can only start a pool that allows workers to connect to your node…which is solo mining until others connect to your node, then it becomes a pool…if you want to mine for litecoinpool.org…just download the miner and point it at their pool…that is how mining works…please read this guide…
Beginner's Guide | litecoinpool.org

Hi if i put to unomp to vps server and mining from my asic miner or gpu do it consider solo mining or pool.Can unomp be set to pool mining instead of solo mining catching block.

That would basically be a pool of your own of your own rigs…any time you connect more than 1 worker to a node…its considered to be a “pool” because you are combining the hashing power of more than one device…
similar to “cluster computing”

that being said…you cannot connect to others nodes and “catch their block”

any time you connect to a node that is relaying the work to be done…all of the connections are working towards the same address.
example…I run a full node here at my place and allow other miners to connect to it…the address taht I set my node to mine block rewards to is the only address that will receive the rewards if and when a block is found…
so if you connect to someone elses pool…when a block is found…the rewards are sent to the address that was set my the pool owner

when mining solo…you have to specify an address for the block reward base transaction to be sent to and allow incoming connections as well as relay the current block information to the miners who are connecting…
this is different than incoming peers and p2pool however…
p2pool looks for blocks in a different manner by combining peer block information and is a whole other subject in itself