What the difference between LTC and BTC. (Without price)

What the difference between LTC and BTC. (Without price)

Which one I should prefer buying.

The biggest is that Litecoin has really low fees, in comparision to Bitcoin, where it might cost $10 at times, the average litecoin transaction is less than $0.01. Litecoin transactions are a lot faster, and confirm in 2.5 mins compared to Bitcoin’s 10 mins. And finally for me the third biggest difference is that Litecoin supports MWEB, which is a new feature which makes litecoin more like cash by improving fungability and privacy.

There’s a lot more differences, but these are the main ones IMO.

3 Likes

BTC is the largest decentralized network in the world, LTC not so much. BTC is the best long term store of value that is untouchable by anybody but YOU. LTC is a fantastic payment method but not a store of value.

Although there are many technical differences between them like hashing technologies, but i won’t be going into them as it will be too complicated. Litecoin was originally created as a lite form of Bitcoin in 2011 and it implemented some of the good features of Bitcoin. Also Bitcoin is more scarce than litecoin making it more valuable option for investing. So, if you have limited money, then either you can buy a part of bitcoin or some of the litecoins. But according to me, Bitcoin is a more sensible option as its the original cryptocurrency and it is more trustworthy.